Hans Gruenig, PhD
Circle of Light with Hans Gruenig, Ph.D.
Monday Nights 7:00-8:30pm
The Radiance Center in Algiers Point 627 Opelousas Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70114
Suggested Donation $5-$15
Please join us and enjoy the benefits of meditation, mindful movement, and meditative insight — including stress reduction, greater emotional well being, increased compassion for self and others, connection to meaning, improved focus, and greater flow and ease in daily life. Core practices in these sessions will include:
* gentle mindful movement working with stretching and breath;
* guided seated meditations;
* brief discussions of dharma / texts;
* silent sitting.
Our Fall Series will be facilitated by professional dharma and meditation teacher Dr. Hans Gruenig.
Helpful Notes: Please...
* aim to arrive a little early, between 6:45 and 7:00pm;
* wear comfortable clothing you can stretch and sit in;
* spread the word to anyone who might benefit;
* if you are experiencing PTSD or other acute mental health conditions, please consult with a mental health professional before engaging in meditation.
Dr. Hans Gruenig has been teaching meditation, Buddhist philosophy, and other wellness practices for twenty years in retreats, series, and workshops at locations such as Flowering Lotus Retreat Center, Wild Lotus Yoga, Swan River Yoga, and other centers nationally and internationally. He teaches popular courses on Buddhism and positive psychology at Tulane University and has taught Journey to the Heart of Zen several times for the UNO-Japan Program in Kyoto, Japan. He has trained around the world with meditation masters in the Theravada, Zen, and Vajrayana traditions. He completed a meditation teacher training with Henepola Gunaratana at the Bhavana Monastery as well as a master facilitator training with at the Kanzeon Zen Center.